Communication timeout saving Problem

What is the problem?

If i change the communication timeout, i cant save the config.
Saving does work if i change the value.
Problem since i updated today. Same on 5 different Printer, after update.

Hope someone can fix it in the next Version, need to change the value, Thanks.

What did you already try to solve it?

Updates, Restarts..

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

octoprint.log (499.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPi Version 1.4.2
OctoKlipper: 0.2.5
Version 0.17.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2

Can confirm, will fix.

You should still be able to edit it manually in ~/.octoprint/config.yaml or via something like ~/oprint/bin/octoprint config set --float "serial.timeout.communication" 40 (adjust 40 to your desired value).

That made me chuckle. Did you know that OctoPrint is mostly done by one person? Hi. I'm that "someone".

edit Tracked in https://github.com/OctoPrint/OctoPrint/issues/3679

I created a quick single file plugin as a workaround. Throw this URL (it's one line!) into the Plugin Manager:

https://gist.githubusercontent.com/foosel/08fa5c9b5b94ef4532f91c3a01303da1/raw/hotfix_3679.py

Install, then restart the server. That should fix the bug.

edit slightly shorter URL

1 Like

That made me chuckle. Did you know that OctoPrint is mostly done by one person? Hi. I'm that "someone".

Hi :smiley: , no i did not know that fact, big respect what you did so far. I really like it.

You should still be able to edit it manually in ~/.octoprint/config.yaml or via something like ~/oprint/bin/octoprint config set --float "serial.timeout.communication" 40 (adjust 40 to your desired value).

Thanks for that work around, i give it a try.

Grüße aus NRW :slight_smile:

Works now, perfect and great Thanks for that quick support :smiley: