Communications error when using 2nd print head

Good morning all,
Since updating to OctoPrint 1.9.3 I am getting communications errors when it starts to use the 2nd print head. My setup is a Tenlog TL-D3Pro IDEX 3d printer with two print heads. I use Prusa Slicer.
When I save the test print to the SD card it's prints fine, but when I send the gcode to the Pi running OctoPrint the left hand print works fine until it changes to the 2nd print head I get a communications error.
I have tried running OctoPrint in Safe mode but get the same problem.
Where can I get a copy of 1.9 so that I can try the previous version of the software to see if that solves my problem.
everything worked fine before I updated OctoPrint.
I have reinstalled Octoprint from Scratch on the Pi but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions on how I can address this problem?
Below is a copy of the log where the failure starts

Send: N214 G1 X245.7 Y152.7 F780066
Recv: ok
Send: N215 G1 F1800
Communication timeout while printing, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Send: N216 M10534
Communication timeout while printing, trying to trigger response from printer. Configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves.
Send: N217 M105

Try this :slight_smile:

Please use the </> tool to surround text copied from the terminal window or logs. This prevents the markdown editor from (badly) interpreting the characters in the text.

Can you verify that you have configured the OctoPrint printer profile to indicate multiple extruders?

I'm not exactly sure what the gcode looks like for IDEX printers but I assume it uses T0 and T1 to switch.

The systeminfo bundle (as it was requested by the deleted template) would be of great help too.

Hi, yes I
can confirm that I have setup the printer profile for 2 extruders. When I updated OctoPrint (as I have done in the past) the updates used the existing printer profile and settings and all worked fine.

I'll download the system bundle and see what I get.

octoprint-systeminfo-20231220181714.zip (39.8 KB)
octoprint-systeminfo-20231220181606.zip (39.4 KB)

Hopefully I have uploaded the system info files correctly. One is for my PC and the other is for OctoPrint,

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.