Communications Error

I found and read your post on Feb 15 about a Communication error where you told them to replace G28 x Y:Home XY with G28 X0 Y0;Home XY.
I use Simply3D so I went in to it and went to the Start script and replaced G28;Home all axis which is what was in mine script to G29 X0 Y0;Home XY but I still get the same error when I tried to print the file.
I can connect my pi/Octoprint with no problem to my printer which is a one day old Monoprice Make Select Pro Ultimate 3D Printer. I can control and move X,Y,Z, the extruder and turn the bed and hot end heat on and off.
This is the error I get- image I am really at a lose This is my fifth printer all my printers have their own Raspberry PI 4 B with 4Gigs of ram and are running the latest version of Octoprint.

octoprint (2).log (27.1 KB)

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help - I really need to get this working or know if I need to return this printer.

Thanks

Ashby

Could you please also share the serial.log for this issue belongs to the serial connection.
You may have to activate the serial logging first.

| Send: N3 M117 ETA: -*96
| Recv: Error:No Checksum with line number, Last Line: 2
| Recv: Resend: 3

Your firmware hiccups on the : in the M117 there. I guess that's from some plugin, one of your many Display* ones. You need to get rid of that colon.

Your firmware reads a : as a command separator and tries to split the line on : into two commands. One then has a line number but no checksum, the other has a checksum but no line number.

You can try replacing the : with a \: but YMMV.

serial (1).log (740 Bytes)

Thank you for your reply. You are way over my head with how to remove or change the : after the M117 command.
But i can remove all the 3rd party plugins and see if I can communicate.
if I can then I can add them back two or so at a time to see if I can find the plugin.
Thanks

It's the Display ETA plugin that's causing your issue and from the looks of it the : is sadly hardcoded. Uninstall the plugin for now, open a ticket in the plugin's repository and request the ability to configure the message that's sent to the printer, to work around issues like this one.

FYI - Turning off all 3rd-party plugins worked I no longer get the Communications error - I have not printed anything yet once it starts to heat up I cancel as I am adding plugins a couple at a time to see if I can find the one or ones causing the error.

Since my plugins work on my other printers I would not think of it being a plugin.

Thanks

Sorry I miss this I was so eager to tell you it was sort of working- I will do as you say - Thanks again

I am up and working - thanks you very much - I really looked the looks of this printer but did not want to use it if I could not get Octoprint working.

Thank you

Ashby