Connecting Octo Print to a secures WPA2 network

What is the problem?

Trying to connect to a network on WPA2 which requires SSID, login name and password

What did you already try to solve it?

Not sure where to start

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)

Afternoon all

I'm a technician at a college and have been asked to make a 3D printer remotely available to students without allowing them access to the secure storage where the printers are kept, the trouble is that we are on a secure WPA2 network which needs an SSID, login, and password. I did try simply adding "login="login name" " to the network configuration file with no nesult and was wondering if what I'm attempting could even be done

Thanks for any help

You might need a few more details about exactly what type of authentication it is, but as an example WPA2 enterprise configuration, I found this one on the web:

network={
ssid="college SSID"
# authentication method
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=PEAP
phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
# username and password
identity="insert username"
password="insert password"
}

It is not necessarily OctoPi specific configuration needed, you could broaden your search by just looking for generic Raspberry Pi configuration for your network type.