Connecting to a network that requires opening web browser than username/id to login to access network

What is the problem?

I wouldn't call it a problem, but at the school I work at, they've updated the network, so that now after you connect to the network, you need to open up a web browser, go to the district's website, and then input my username and password there (sorta like some hotels) in order to use the internet.

I have the Octopi connected to via ethernet, and tried using Angry IP scanner to find it on the network, but it looks like out school network even blocks it from getting an IP unless it's logged in.

What did you already try to solve it?
the usual supplicant file, but I do not know how to input the username/password with this type of network.

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)
School network, requires going to a web browser, then a certain site.
am I out of luck?

As far as I know, most of these networks that need a login page through the browser aren't compatible with the headless configuration of wifi using the text files.

You would need a desktop install (which would require a network to download) to access the browser, so that won't work.

You might be able to ask the network admin / IT support at the school, and see if they can setup something using the MAC address of the Pi, so it automatically logs in without the need for the web browser.

Okay so that won't work. I have another option then, I have my surface pro 3 that has the dock on it. Is it possible to connect the Octopi to the Surface Pro 3 via ethernet, but still keep the wifi on my surface pro 3 still working at the same time? (So I can access the internet and browser still, and access the octoprint also at the same time, instead of having to a hotspot type thing.) Thanks!

It should be possible to use the Surface Pro 3 in this way but I don't have one so I can't be certain.

Windows 10 does this with Internet Connection Sharing. Search for that and you should find numerous "how to" pages.