Connecting to Flashforge Inventor

What is the problem?
Octoprint can not connect to my Flashforge Inventor
What did you already try to solve it?
I have gone through all of the steps involving the GPX plugin
Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Error: Connection error, see Terminal tab"
Unexpected error while connecting to serial port: AUTO IOError: 'GPX plugin not able to discover AUTO port and/or baudrate. Please choose specific values for them.' @ comm.py:_openSerial:2611 (hook GPX)
Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)
Octoprint is completely up to date

So.... have you tried what the error message advises you to do?

Yeah but it won't show anything but AUTO on the serial port dropdown

In that case the underlying operating system you are running OctoPrint on (OctoPi/Linux?) is not even seeing your printer as a serial device. You have to figure out why that is the case. Might be that your printer registers under an uncommon device name in which case you'd need to add that to "additional ports" in the Serial settings. Might also be that the Flashforge Inventor is one of those proprietary new Flashforges which can't even run with the GPX plugin.

What you can do is (I'm assuming OctoPi here):

• SSH into your Pi (default user/password is pi/raspberry)
  • Make sure the printer is unplugged
  • Run dmesg, take note of what the last lines are in the output
  • Plug your printer in, count to 10
  • Run dmesg again. There should be new lines there now. Copy-paste them here.

Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to messing with a Pi but how do I SSH into it?

Assuming Windows:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/remote-access/ssh/windows.md

Ok so I am using the correct IP and everything but that username and password isnt working. I purchased my setup from here if that helps. Also thank you for taking to time to help a noob!

I just realized we've had this exact issue before:

https://community.octoprint.org/t/3d-printer-fail-to-connect-to-octoprint/

Looks like your printer won't work with OctoPrint due to being proprietary (and judging by past attempts from the community to get other proprietary Flashforge models to work I wouldn't help my breath for their ever being support). Sorry :woman_shrugging:

As to the credentials not working when you try to SSH in, I'm not sure if Tim has set a different username/password combo on the image (I've asked him though).

For the record, the TH3D images indeed come with different credentials. See their documentation:

Thank you for your help, I saw that the dreamer was proprietary and was hoping the Inventor wasn't. Oh well I was in the market for a different printer anyway.