Controlling raspberry pi camera settings with active mjpegstreamer stream

I'm sorry to create a help request for a topic that's so often revisited, but I've been looking through the forums trying to find a way of adjusting a live mjpegstreamer stream from OctoPi when using an RPi camera all day, and so far nothing I have tried has worked:

1. control.htm - This won't and can't work according to this issue.

2. v4l2-ctl - Seems to accept commands, but doesn't seem to do anything at all to the stream. Stopping and restarting the stream also had no affect. I made sure to disconnect my usb webcam and reboot to make sure device selection wasn't a problem. Here is an example command I sent in case I'm doing something terribly wrong: v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=brightness=1

3. uvcdynctrl - I'm having trouble interpreting the output here, but following a few guides that were intended for use with usb webcams I wasn't able to change the raspberry pi cam image at all.

Can someone point me to a guide that shows how to change brightness, contract, etc. from a live mjpegstreamer stream for a pi cam using any method that works? Or am I on a wild goose chase?

OK, so I had some success. This is what I see when I browse to /webcam/control.htm now:

Previously this page said only Camera Null within the header. Unfortunately I have no idea why things have changed. I added bcm2835-v4l2 to /etc/modules, but have since removed it and I still get the populated control window. I did update my distro, but am having a hard time believing that made it work. I suppose I will need to do a fresh install to fully investigate.

Any thoughts?

So, I've verified that adding bcm2835-v4l2 to /etc/modules fixed control.htm for the raspi cam. However, loading it dynamically via modprobe didn't seem to work for me for whatever reason.

I need to do some more research and see if bcm2835-v4l2 works with the default mjpg-streamer input control or if it requires the raspicam input so.

1 Like

It's looking like the raspi cam input.so doesn't work with the bcm2835-v4l2 module. It seems to work just fine if you use the default usb camera settings though. More to follow.