Cr-10s wont auto home

<hi ive just put octoprint on my cr-10s via a pi 3b all works but now printer wont auto home via octoprint or on the printer its self any ideas whats wrong thanks in advance

no idea what to do

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, browser error console ...)

What happens when you enter G28 X Y Z into the terminal?

it moves the bed forward a little bit

does it output something? like an error message?

echo:Unknown command: "enter G28 X Y Z"
but now not moving bed

you need to just enter the

G28 X Y Z

part.
Not the word enter

G28 X Y Z
Recv: T:17.23 /0.00 B:20.22 /0.00 @:0 B@:0
Recv: echo:busy: processing
Recv: X:0.00 Y:0.00 Z:0.00 E:-3.00 Count X:0 Y:0 Z:0
Recv: ok

the bed when using the arrow keys only moves half way back and stops wont move anymore than halfway

Are you sure you configured your printer profil correctly?

yes i think so x300 y300 z400 orgin lower left
axes x6000 y6000 z200 e200 none invert

If your printer doesn't home correctly after issuing a G28 it is an issue with your firmware, or possibly with your limit switches on the printer. OctoPrint can only tell the printer to home, it's on the firmware to execute the command properly.

Note that OctoPrint's printer profile is only used for visualization in the GCODE viewer and when slicing from right within OctoPrint, it doesn't have any influence at all on things like regular homing and movement instructions sent via serial to your printer. It also says so in the printer profile editor.

it was working prior to putting octoprint on will reflash firmware on printer and see if it dose it again thanks for your help

Oh okay. I thought it might won't send any more arrow key movements. Now I know better. :slight_smile:
Was a bad idea anyways - without homeing it wouldn't know where to stop :smiley:

That's something people have asked about but frankly something I do not want to implement. It's the job of the firmware to define the boundaries of the print volume, and messing around with that from a host IMHO just is asking for trouble :wink:

1 Like

Yep you're right :slight_smile: