CR10 keeps disconnecting!

CR10 keeps disconnecting!

New cables. New Raspberry PI. different power sources.

Unexpected error while reading serial port, please consult octoprint.log for details: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:2739Please see https://faq.octoprint.org/serialerror for possible reasons of this.Changing monitoring state from "Printing from SD" to "Offline (Error: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:2739)"Connection closed, closing down monitor

Printing on a CR-10 with Marlin and the CR10 default preset for Marlin. E3D volcano. Printers running fine and prints still finish as I run off sd normally because ocotpi is unreliable in my case.

1 Like

I have the same issue with my CR-10 V2. Disconnects randomly, usually after a hour or two of printing. However, I have had it disconnect very quickly after starting a print and I have had 3 hour prints finish sucessfully... very random.

I'm using an old Dell T3400 computer running Ubuntu Mate.

There's preciously little that we can do if you don't post logs. We can guess that your power supply is not sufficient. Or that the printer is sinking too much power through the usb cable. But we really need logs to be sure.

Understood... I turned on the serial log monitoring a few hours ago so I'm waiting for the next disconnection to occur so that I can have a look at them.

I've attached both the serial and the octoprint log files. Not sure if there is anything of use here. 13:39.17 is when it disconnects.

2020-01-07 13:39:17,520 - Unexpected error while reading serial port, please consult octoprint.log for details: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:2793
2020-01-07 13:39:17,521 - Please see https://faq.octoprint.org/serialerror for possible reasons of this.
2020-01-07 13:39:17,531 - Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Offline (Error: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:2793)"
2020-01-07 13:39:17,545 - Connection closed, closing down monitor

octoprint.log (91.0 KB) serial.log (1.1 MB)

I've done a bit of tweaking with positioning. I moved the computer closer to the printer and used a shorter USB cable. I also put the cable through one of those ferrite cores (I read that they can help filter out high frequency noise). I completed a 3 hour print last night and I'm currently 8 hours into a 9 hour print... so far so good! Thanks!

@Andrew_Blundon, was this issue resolved for you?