Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro Host Action

What is the problem?

My printer Creality Ender 3 S1 Pro works flawlessly with octoprint. However i get this notification

"Your printer's firmware supports host action commands, but they are disabled. The firmware will not inform OctoPrint about job pause & cancellations, filament runouts, and similar firmware-side events. If you want this functionality, you need to change your firmware's configuration."

And i want to be able to stop the print from the printer, and make my stock fillament sensor work how it's intended.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried asking on discord, searching google, asking in github issues.

Additional information about your setup

I'm using the latest OctoPI, Windows, Creality Slicer.

1 Like

Do you have an actual question? There is extra information available at the 'Learn more' link below the warning.

Yes i do, i want to be able to use my Fillament sensor with OctoPi. Currently not working because it's not sending host commands.

1 Like

So the link provided by the alert gives details of the Marlin configuration to enable if you are building it yourself. Otherwise, the printer needs a firmware update and most manufacturer-provided builds don't enable host action commands. There's lots of pre-built options as well about on the internet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.