Creality3D CR-X Dual Color

What is the problem?
The printer is on its way here. I do not have it yet. But I would like to know octoprint will support a printer with two colors but one hotend.

What did you already try to solve it?
I have not done anything yet to solve this

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
I would get the latest octoprint version. The printer Creality3D CR-X Dual Color. I have Google and the Microsoft browsers. My operating system is Windows 10.

I know this is kind of an unconventional post but before I get to know yet another Software System, I would like to know if it even supports the printer that I have.
Thanks!

radar2609

Yes, it will. Configure two extruders and a shared nozzle in the printer settings.

I cannot say though if the firmware on that particular printer of yours will have any odd quirks that might cause issues, maybe someone else with experience with that model can help here.

Thank you very, very much for your reply. I was extremely worried that my new printer would have to be stuck using Cura and even then I didn't know if Kira would handle it. I read an article on the internet about octoprint and was very impressed. I look forward to becoming an active member of the community!

Sincerely,

Larry Kanzia

2 Likes