CTC A13 Printer

Reset the eeprom via the display or the terminal in octoprint with M502 followed with M500

:warning:Afterwards you have to calibrate the printer again (things like Z-Offset)

In case you need help with the Z-Offset part

All working! Thank you so much for the help :smiley:

1 Like

You're welcome :slight_smile:
Happy printing :octopus:

what if i don't have an icsp header on the printers board, am I out of luck to run octoprint
Its a CTC - a13 similar to the on mentioned here but with a different board

Can you get some pictures of the board? It might be that the header just isn't fitted to save a few pence on the manufacturing. If the tracks and pads are there, you might be able to solder one in.

I had to give up on Octoprint in the end - my printer would just hang half way through prints. It may be that the USB cable wasn't good enough, but I suspect the electronics are a bit shoddy.

i see it now there are 6 pads(?) but to connect to it id need to solder wires on to them and i'm not sure im skilled enough to do that haha

The CTC-A13 does not use a Ender 3 8 bit board, I have had the lid off and had a look and this is what lurks inside. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000422661195.html

I am having the same issue with Octoprint, constantly times out even though Octoprint initially see the printer and communicates with it.

Really could do with some help.

That's completely different to what was in my A13, I guess they've changed it.

I eventually gave up on the A13 and bought an Ender3 pro. It's so much better, and Octoprint just works with it. Not had a single timeout or error with it.

1 Like

I was thinking that I have seen this controller before and then it hit me, it is the same controller that is in my Anet A8 which I have Skynet on with auto levelling. I get amazing quality prints from my Anet every time and works 100% with Octoprint, so maybe I can use Skynet on this as well, something to look into before I give up on this printer.

Definitely worth a try. Interesting that they've changed the controller.

Just for interest, here's my A13's board (top), with the 8 bit Ender3 board below. (just noticed the random washer in the top right, that shouldn't be there!)

Funny enough the instructions supplied with the printer do show the Creality 8 bit controller like yours so I was a little surprised to find that it had a A8 controller but at least that controller is 32 bit and ramps 1.4 compatible, so there is an up side to this I suppose, These are photos of my Anet and you can see the controller is the same as on the A13, which makes sense I suppose as both printers are made by CTC.

Hello i have the exact same updated ctc board and im not sure what configuration i should use for Marlin or how to set it up. I know this is quite and old thead but i need to get marlin on here because the bed is allways not leveled properly and i want to get a bltouch. My firmwaare version does not have support for any bed leveling sensors or a raspberry pi. Could someone please walk me through how to install marlin. I hvae an arduino uno r3 and wires. I can solder as well if required. this is my printer main board.

I would really aapprechiate any help and thank you for reading.