Cura and Octoprint

Slicer (name, version, operating system)
Cura 4.12.1 Windows 10

What is the problem?
Error when print with Octoprint

What did you already try to solve it?
Safe mode

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ... no logs, no support)

2021-12-21 10:50:14,348 - octoprint - ERROR - Exception on /api/files/sdcard [POST]
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/shutil.py", line 806, in move
    os.rename(src, real_dst)
OSError: [Errno 18] Cross-device link: '/tmp/octoprint-file-upload-s7h88yu8.tmp' -> '/root/.octoprint/uploads/LELO/LELOKATANA-TEST_PRINT.gcode'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2447, in wsgi_app
    response = self.full_dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1952, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.handle_user_exception(e)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1821, in handle_user_exception
    reraise(exc_type, exc_value, tb)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/_compat.py", line 39, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1950, in full_dispatch_request
    rv = self.dispatch_request()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 1936, in dispatch_request
    return self.view_functions[rule.endpoint](**req.view_args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/server/util/flask.py", line 1552, in decorated_view
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/vendor/flask_principal.py", line 199, in _decorated
    rv = f(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/server/api/files.py", line 646, in uploadGcodeFile
    added_file = fileManager.add_file(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/filemanager/__init__.py", line 737, in add_file
    path_in_storage = self._storage(destination).add_file(
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/filemanager/storage.py", line 909, in add_file
    file_object.save(file_path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/octoprint/filemanager/util.py", line 69, in save
    shutil.move(self.path, path)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/shutil.py", line 826, in move
    copy_function(src, real_dst)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/shutil.py", line 436, in copy2
    copystat(src, dst, follow_symlinks=follow_symlinks)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/shutil.py", line 375, in copystat
    lookup("utime")(dst, ns=(st.st_atime_ns, st.st_mtime_ns),
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted

Example GCODE file

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware...)

OctoPrint Version 1.7.2
The error is thrown when uploading. But the file is uploaded and i can start the print.

Are you using the latest version of the Octoprint Plugin for Cura?
If you see this little 1 (or any other number) on the top right corner of Cura there is an update for one of your plugins on the marketplace and it might be this one.
Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-12-21 12-07-52

1 Like

This seems to be an error on the OctoPrint side of the equation. Have you tried uploading a gcode file via the web interface?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
Yes i use the latest version

Thanks for your reply.

The file is uploaded but I get this error.

LELOKATANA-TEST_PRINT.gcode (1.1 MB)

If uploading through the webinterface does not work, then uploading through Cura will not work either. Under the hood they do the same thing.

To diagnose this further, we need the full logs (not just the part that you think is pertinent) and preferably the system info bundle.

Perhaps you can tell a bit more about the system you run OctoPrint on. The underlying issue of the error seems to be that /tmp is mounted on a different filesystem than /root/.octoprint. Also by default OctoPrint will complain when it is run as root.

Thanks.
Actually i am running octo4a, havent got a Rpi yet.

I have attached the files here.
Thanks again.
But i still thinks it strange that the file is uploading and i can print it yet the error is thrown.

octoprint-systeminfo-20211221131158.zip (65.2 KB)
octoprint (2).log (627.6 KB)

Is this your post as well?

Different username but very similar problem

We are not the same person, but the problem looks almost the same.

I think your best bet to get support for Octo4A is here:

This seems to be the same issue:

1 Like