Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin

Hello fieldOfView,

I found another solution for monitoring the print for anything other than the camera feed and the temperatures (Printoid on my phone).

So at least for me it's not necessary to go over it again for a connection button.

Regards,
dtose

cant store the print job with the same name as the on that is currently printing. what do i do to fix this error

In the "Connect to OctoPrint", deselect the option to "Store G-code on the printer SD card".

Hi
I'm having problems with octoprint and cura 4.6, when I click on "Print with OctoPrint" I get an error saying "filename.ufp.gcode not found on octoprint". When I look on octoprint the file has been saved as filename.gcode
Any suggestions?

dfuk

Are you by any chance using the very latest UltimakerFormatPackage plugin? I have only just been made aware of a breaking change in that plugin:

My suggestion would be to use the official release of that plugin for now.

Hi

I’m using v0.1.6 obtained from the plugin manager of octoprint. I assume this is the official release.

Thanks

Dfuk

Are you saving to the printer SD card?

Sorry about that @fieldOfView, the file rename was done on version 0.1.6, but didn't think to let you know until I attempted to test this other PTG issue.

Ah, so the solution for dfuk is to use version 0.1.5 for now...

It looks like this plugin pushes the files to the upload folder on OctoPrint. Is that true? I'm thinking that's why it does not work with Cancel Object plugin for OctoPrint. They want uploads into the watched folder. Any chance we can specifics where files get uploaded in a future update?

The plugin does not "push" files anywhere; it uploads them through the REST API like the web interface does. The "watched" folder is to be used if you want to upload files through eg (s)ftp, samba, etc.

They want uploads into the watched folder

Could you point me to where "they" say this?

Down in the "Other Notes" section:

• If you upload files directly to your octoprint instance, direct them to the watched directory and not the upload directory. This will make sure that the plugin processes your gocde and substitutes the @Object tag it uses to identify

By this they mean "If you upload files directly to your octoprint instance through another means than the official API". The Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin uses the official API.

But does it land files in the "watched" folder or "upload" folder? I'm having a hard time deciphering where they get pushed to via API.

Answered my own question checking the API:

Parameters: * location – The target location to which to upload the file. Currently only local and sdcard are supported here, with local referring to OctoPrint’s uploads folder and sdcard referring to the printer’s SD card. If an upload targets the SD card, it will also be stored locally first.

The problem you are running into has nothing to do with where the file is stored; the problem is (probably) that OctoPrint stops analysing files as soon as you start a print, because analysing the gcode file during printing could cause stuttering due to performance issues.

The Cancelobject plugin does some parsing after the upload is complete to find where objects start in the gcode. If you start the print immediately after uploading, that analysis gets interrupted. The Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin had a similar issue with the PrintTimeGenius plugin, and the plugin now waits for PrintTimeGenius to complete its analysis before starting a print. I'll put waiting for the Cancelobject plugin on my list of things to add to the Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin.

1 Like

Thank you. Awesome.

@Hilbe, could you tell me what issue are having with the CancelObject plugin in conjunction with the Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin? It seems to work fine for me.

It just shows "Object list populated when GCODE file is loaded" and never loads the objects. Going to continue to troubleshoot. I have 2 printers, neither of them is working. Next step is to try from the OctoPrint GUI to manually upload the gCode.

Got it working! Uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted the Pi. Looks like some issue with the plugin.