Cura OctoPrint Connection plugin

I am working on a new release, and need some help testing if I did not break anything. Due to working from home I can't test as much as I would like.

Can you please help test the plugin by installing this development snapshot? Download the file and drop it onto the Cura buildplate as if you are opening a 3d model.

Things to test include if prints are started after uploading, if uploading to the printer SD card works (with that option selected in the Connect to OctoPrint dialog) and if the function to select jobs after uploading them works. Ofcourse please report anything else that is broken in this development snapshot.

So far it's working as expected for me. I installed, restarted Cura, added some STL files, sliced and sent to the printer. OctoPrint has both UFP and PTG plugins installed and the printer powered on, gcode/image extracted as expected, the PTG analysis ran and the print auto started once that analysis was completed.

2 Likes

Also it work for me. I use Cura 4.6.1 and macOS Catalina 10.15.4. Octoprint Version 1.4.0 running in a Orange Pi Pc(Armbian).

Good evening, i am using all the latest versions of Cura 4.6.1, Octoprint and the UltimakerFormatPackage. I don´t get the uploads from Cura in the .ufp format, means also no thumbnails. I´ve checked all settings as mentioned here. I´ve tried to find answers in goolge...and nothing helped till now.
Is there any possibility to get some help?
Regards Daniel

@Daniel_Glock did you install the development version linked above? I'm not sure @fieldOfView has released that officially to the marketplace yet to fix the bug I introduced with changes in my plugin.

1 Like

Not till now. I´ll try it and give some feedback to it. Thanks...this was a quick answer :wink:

@jneilliii , this one fixed it. I´ll check also some of the mentioned points after finishing my print, which is running till lunch time tomorrow.
Thanks for your help...

Thanks all for testing the development snapshot.

Other than the OctoPrint plugin repository, where a plugin developer can publish updates at his or her own pace, the Cura MarketPlace is "curated"; each update must be tested and approved (mostly by a single guy). It is unpredictable how long this takes; sometimes approving an update takes two or more weeks, sometimes it is done the same day. That is why I can't (and shouldn't) submit too many updates, and need to be sure the update works for most people before I submit it. I have many plugins in that marketplace, and I cannot overload that poor guy.

Normally I don't hear much about a new version of my plugins, unless OMG it BREAKS ALL MY PRINTS and I NEED TO PRINT MASKS (I would add a smiley, but no, that it how it goes). So your testing is much appreciated.

@fieldOfView , there are thousands/millions which appreciate your work or maybe/at least are happy users. If there is a possibility to support your efforts by testing some beta things. Let me know (maybe via PN :slight_smile: ).

Well, there is this

oh, yeah, that too :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for all you do @fieldOfView, hopefully that tip makes up a little for the trouble I've caused.

2 Likes

I'm a complete n00b, but the tedious process from Onshape -> STL -> Cura -> GCODE -> SD card -> print was just killing me. Octoprint gives me a super nice workflow, and yet another step was shaved off with this plugin.

I'm now supporting both @fieldOfView and @foosel through GitHub donations. I encourage everyone who feel they can to chip in; if a lot of us donate even half a coffee a month (or; probably in these circles, like 100g of filament...), it adds up to these guys giving so much to our community!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for sponsoring me. It is much appreciated.

maybe I should setup a patreon or something...

1 Like

I would sponsor you.

Thank you for making this available to test - that build worked for me

1 Like

A version containing these fixes and a few more should show up in the Marketplace next week-ish.

Edit: the update is now available.

1 Like

Unfortunately there's a crashing bug in version 3.5.13 if you have one of PSU Control, IKEA Tradfiri or MyStrom Switch plugin installed. Unlucky number 13...

If your system is affected, please download this version and drop it onto the Cura build plate as if you are opening a 3d model.

Ouch. @kantlivelong might need to know if he doesn't already...

You asked for it...

1 Like