Custom Controls disappear after restart?

What is the problem?

For a few years, I've had some custom controls in my Octoprint to position the nozzle for manual bed levelling, near the corners, but not so close I can't get to the thumbwheels to adjust. This is done in the config.yaml controls section. Works great!

However, recently (last 6 months or so?) I've had to recreate the controls after a reboot, or restart of Octoprint. Looking in the config.yaml, they are no longer present.

So now I keep a copy here, just to have a safe backup. octoprint levelling controls.yaml Β· GitHub

My current "fix" is to paste them back in and restart the Octoprint service. Then they will remain for a while.

What did you already try to solve it?

I thought perhaps the format for these controls had changed, but I don't see anything on the Custom Controls page of the manual about that. I did try to use the Custom Control Editor plugin, in case it had some magic that I didn't, but I just get a small empty green box, and no instructions.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No - since (I don't think) it happens with every restart, I'm not sure how this would work.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Attached!
octoprint-systeminfo-20210630160906.zip (381.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octopi 0.16, Octoprint 1.6.1, on Raspberry Pi 3.
Printer (can't imagine how this can be it!): i3-style home-built with RAMPS 1.4 and Marlin 2.0.8.1

Try uninstalling the custom control editor plugin. The last I heard there were some issues with that plugin that meant that it would delete some configuration on restarts - bug report here - I wonder if this is your issue.

Aha! I don't know why I didn't make the connection between the two broken custom control things. Uninstalled it, and then my controls have survived a couple of restarts, so looking promising.

Thanks!

1 Like