[Dashboard Plugin] Feedback needed

Hi guys. I've just updated to 1.6.1 and something has messed up with my printer. Whenever I run a print via Octoprint, it now mashes the extruder into the limit switches and make an horrendous grinding noise - it doesn't do that with prints from the SD card. Disable the dashboard plugin, and it goes back to normal and everything works again. Re-enable the dashboard plugin, all hell breaks loose, disable it, back to normal. Whether it's the plugin itself or a newly-introduced conflict with another plugin, I know not, but it has only started with version 1.6.1 unfortunately. I'm using a FF Creator Pro with the current stable version of Octoprint on a RP2B+. Has anyone else had any issues?

That's bad. 1.6.0 had an issue with ignored Gcodes. I corrected that in 1.6.1 (or so I thought.). I will follow up in the github issue that I just saw that you created.

I'm currently working on a Layer Duration graph for a future version:

3 Likes

First off I'd like to say what a great plugin this is & how impressed i am with the speed of development, it seems that every day there is an update or bug fix, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I've noticed an issue around the layer height information shown on the dashboard, it is very inconsistent and often on the first layer will show a height of 2.46mm, then the next layer it will often drop to 1.15mm, i've not studied it in detail beyond this but the reading is always inaccurate.

In the attached image you can see that the current height reported by DisplayLayerProgress and DisplayZ plugins both match at 123.79mm and a total height of 155.85 however the dashboard plugin is showing a current height of 124.69 and a total height of 154.85

Any ideas what might be up here?

@RyanParle

Thanks. I have an Idea of what that could be caused by. Can you please report it on the GitHub page so I can track it there?

Cool, I've just posted an issue on GitHub.

Thanks. I'll take a look right now.

v1.10.0 has a layer progress gauge and support for a DHT11/22 temp/humidity sensor to monitor ambient temps:

1 Like

I very much like your plugin Stefan ! great look, enough information but still looking tidy :slight_smile:

1 Question I have : as I often print "multiple day" prints, is there any chance it can show how many days, hours, minutes (dd:hh:mm) left instead of hh:mm ?

@bzguy thanks for the input. Please post your suggestion on the dashboard github page so I don’t forget it and I’ll take a look at what’s possible.

Just a short announcement:

This plugin has seen an intense period of development of new features. It is now time to make it a bit more mature before considering adding new features. The prioriy order going forward is (until further notice):

1. Bug fixes
  2. Performance tuning
  3. Support for OctoPrint 1.4 / Python 3
  4. New features (if any).

Please post any issues or feature requests on the Dashboard GitHub page.

Regards,
Stefan

2 Likes

Did this over the weekend and if you still have your __plugin_settings__overlay__ it's going to cause problems if you have any other plugin that makes a tab. I posted it over in the Python 3 thread.

Thanks. I noticed your exchange in that thread and it is one of the reasons I'll put it off a couple of weeks. Did you create an issue for it?

Not yet. Wanted to make sure I could reproduce the issue consistently and verify it wasn't something else in my code that was causing the problem. I also want to go back and see if the same issue exists in the 1.4.0 dev version in Python 2 before reporting. Haven't been able to do that yet, but was hoping to do it today/tonight.

1 Like

Stafan, I put it on your Github as a feature request.

Thank you for the great work, looks awesome !

One more question : in order for Dashboard to work properly, I need to have the plugin "showLayerHeight" active.

I have it active, but then it messes up with my Nautilus plugin on my iPhone. What would happen to Dashboard if I just disable the "shoLayerHeight" plugin ?

The required plugin is called "DisplayLayerProgress". I have described how to disable the UI features (toolbar, sidebar, etc...) on the Dashboard wiki if all you want is the Dashboard widgets and not all the other bells and whistles that DisplayLayerProgress provides.

What happens if you don't have DisplayLayerProgress enabled is that you get a bunch of empty dashboard widgets and annoying reminder to install the plugin :slight_smile:

1 Like

That's the one indeed Stefan :slight_smile:
thank you, I will try it later today :slight_smile:

With 1.11.0:
And can't get off the full screen mode - it switches to the first tab then

@Ewald_Ikemann There is an issue on GitHub to track this problem.

1 Like

What do I have to do to get the CPU(SoC) temperature shown up. I always get 0°C displayed but in the navbar plugin it is there.