[Dashboard Plugin] Feedback needed

Hi!

I wanted a simple dashboard in Octoprint so I developed one with a great deal of encouragement and assistance from @jneilliii, @OutsourcedGuru, @OllisGit, and @Ewald_Ikemann over in this thread:

It currently looks like this in vanilla OctoPrint:

Here is a short vid on how it currently works during a print:

It is currently fulfilling all my personal needs, but I thought I should reach out to get some early feedback in case someone else is interested. It is by no means ready, so treat it as an Alpha at this stage.

You can install it from here: https://github.com/StefanCohen/OctoPrint-Dashboard

Make sure to also install DisplayLayerProgress and PrintTimeGenius to get the most out of this dashboard.

Please let me know if you find this useful and would like to see it on the Plugin Repository in the future. Also post any bugs or feature requests on the GitHub page.

6 Likes

Hi @Stefan_Cohen!

I'm on. And as usual: after the current print job.

1 Like

It seems like your printer is even more busy than mine :slight_smile:

:relaxed: Sometimes the ideas are just flowing.

1 Like

It's running fine here: :+1: Great job!!

1 Like

Great! Just let me know if you find any issues. The Icon you are using for the tab looks great. Which one is it?

It is fas fa-tachometer-alt from https://fontawesome.com/v5.6.3/icons?d=gallery&m=free

Super. I will put it in the readme.

1 Like

For German: Target=Ziel and Connected=Verbunden (perhaps) and Fan Speed=LĂĽftergeschwindigkeit

You might consider adding multi-language support so that it's 100% the default language.

1 Like

IMHO: Don't add multi-language support! It takes a huge amount of work to maintain several languages.
Just use "english".

I've made some changes and pushed a new version. It is now possible to style the gauges.

I think a progress bar would be more appropriate than the circle, and allow for a better layout.

3 Likes

Thanks. I think I may add that as an option since I will need room for additional temp gauges.

Oooooh, shiny! I like it :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

I like it! I do have a question. I am not getting fan speed or layer information on my CR-10 mini. Have I missed a setting somewhere?

You have probably not installed the DisplayLayerProgress plugin. I have mentioned that under dependencies on the guthub page but I should probably add something to the UI to make users aware that it is needed.

It runs fine here.
Is it also possible to display the ETA?

That sounds like a really good idea.

1 Like

I had installed it but had nothing to set it up. As I went just now to verify that I had installed it I noticed several setup tabs. I will explore them. Am I missing something on fan speed as well?

@Ray_Cadmus The dashboard depends on displayLayerProgress for fan speed, Layer, Height and Avg layer duration stats. It also has to be updated to a recent version to expose the necessary events to the Dashboard. I will push a new version that will check if the plugin is installed and available as soon as I have tested it.