What is the problem?
Printer stops printing, gives this error message and the print is failed. You know the drill.
'device reports readiness to read but returned no data '
SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)
What did you already try to solve it?
First i tried to google solutions and i have read your FAQ and i think i have taken every step i could find but nothing works.
Steps ive taken so far:
- Replaced the power supply to a brand new 3.1A (no undervoltage)
- Changed outlet for the power supply
- Tried with and without the Pi cam - no difference
- No other devices connected
- Changed USB cable to a brand new shielded with a ferrite bead. USB cable is as far from printer as possible.
- Tried to connect printer to different USB ports
- No cables are loose
- I changed the entire Pi3B+ mainboard to another Pi3B+
- Reinstalled the OS on a brand new 16GB SD card
- I moved the Pi further from the printer (aprox 1 meter away instead of next to it)
- I have both tried an upgraded os and a fresh new reinstall from your website.
- I have blocked the 5V pin on USB cable so it wont power the printer.
- Tried the dwc_otg.speed=1 thingie, no difference.
Priting from SD card works great but i lack the remote control without octoprint
serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)
octoprint.log (65.6 KB)
serial.zip (1.7 MB)
serial log was too big so i had to zip it.
Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Pi3B+, octoprint 0.17.0
Plugins used: Spaghetti Detective, Printoid (tried enabled/disabled)
Printer: Creality Ender 5 pro, stock hardware and firmware
I really dont know what to try next...