Disabeling "Plugin compatibility issue" notifications

What is the problem?

On every login I get notified about a Plugin compatibility issue(specificly between UICustomizer+Themefiy and UICustomizer+Fullscreen). I assume this works as intendet and I get why this messages pop up, but so far I didnt ran into any issues so I decided to stay with my current setup. Therefore I want to disable the, by now, annoing notifications but I couldnt find any way of doing so(e.g. an option in the menu or a line in some config file).

Thanks in advance for any help.

What did you already try to solve it?

Looked through the settings menus for an option to disable the notifications.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Cant say, but I highly doubt it.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1500
env.hardware.ram: 1903304704
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.4
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 21.2.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
printer.firmware: Marlin 2.0.5.4 (knutwurst, Github)
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

This notification isn't part of OctoPrint core, so it must be one of the affected plugins.

My money would be on UICustomizer as it is the common denominator between both.

Maybe @Laze can confirm or deny?

It is my plugin making these notifications - they are dimissed pr. browser instance and saved in local storage.

They are mainly there because they plugins causes conflicts. I would recommend either removing my plugin or the others. They do the same and having overlapping functionality causes conflict.s

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response.

• they are dimissed pr. browser instance and saved in local storage.

I cant confirm this, for me they appear after every refresh.

I am aware of the notfications purpose, but I would like to use both UICustomizer and Themefiy due to certain themes.

As I said, I didnt encounter any issues with this combination, so I would really appreciate it if you could integrate this into the plugin.

I suggest that you pick the one plugin which is closest to your "ideal" and then politely ask that plugin's author to add the feature from the other plugin that you can't live without.

If you continue to run both plugins you will have to live with the messages being generated. I'm pretty sure you won't get any sympathy from either plugin author about making the two plugins with highly overlapping functionality compatible.

Alternate plan B would be to fork both projects and undertake the merger yourself. This is the beauty of open source software.

I thought they were asking for an option to permanently disable the specific notifications, not to make them specifically compatible

They were asking for that but if I were the author of the plugin that was generating messages warning the user that they had an incompatible configuration, I would be a bit reluctant to spend effort to disable the warning. Sort of like:

Patient: "Doctor, it really hurts when I hit the wall with my fist, can you help me?"
Doctor: "I can certainly help, don't hit the wall with your fist."

I was suggesting an alternate solution to the problem. I guess I should have said " or fork the project and remove the messages".

1 Like

After switching through some themes I did encounter some issues, so from now on its UICustomizer only.

1 Like

The reason I made the notification was to avoid bug reports :rofl:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.