Disable sending line numbers?

Should it still be possible to disable sending All line numbers by setting OctoPrint Settings \ Features \ Features by "Disabling firmware detection" and setting "Send a checksum with the command" to "Never" ?? This option no longer appears to be available, in either normal or safe modes

The reason I want to disable sending line numbers, is that I'm trying to control a Duet2 Ethernet board, but I'm currently getting multiple time out errors, so want to reduce the control traffic to the basic minimum.

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:86.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/86.0
connectivity.connection_check: 192.168.0.253:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1200
env.hardware.ram: 915058688
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 21.0.1
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: true
octoprint.version: 1.5.3

According to the docs & looking in the source, disabling checksums also disables line numbers.

config.yaml β€” OctoPrint master documentation

Disabling line numbers and checksums means that any communication error encountered by the printer will never be recoverable, so be aware that you are preventing communication error handling at all by doing that. I doubt it will solve the issue with timeouts, but if you want to try it I can't stop you.

2 Likes

Thanks for that, yes it did stop the line numbers, but as you pointed out, there world be other consequences, which make it unworkable....