Downloading multiple timelapse files at once

What is the problem?
i have many timelapse videos to download. more than is listed on one page, um. many pages. downloading them one by one is tedious. it would be nice to mass download all or selected videos? is there a way?
It would be nice to have this feature. thank you.

What did you already try to solve it?
you can only download one at a time at this moment. from the web gui.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
OctoPrint Version 1.3.9
OctoPi Version 0.14.0
Printer CR-10s

Setup samba and create a network share.

1 Like

i do not see a setting in Octo Print that says anything about samba. not a web gui. but when i google it. i find a lot of reference to a file structure of linux type of operating system. the more i read. i find that i would be changing the operating system myself. not using the gui. but a network share locally. so if i started as if it were new again. there is many extra steps to remember. not knowing what i am doing seems to me to be dangerous. as if i were to easily make a mistake and lose all install and setting easily.. i would rather not change my octoprint image or make changes that are outside of octoprint. if i can stay inside the gui and use that it would be much easier i would think. as off right now there is no option for that. thank you. i am curious though, if there is a local quick way to get the files. without changing much of anything? perhapes plugging a usb drive and somehow moving the time lapse files to it. then go back on the gui and delete all the time lapse files. this one time thing would be nice too. so i don't lose those files. in the meantime i am downloading one at a time. all 7 pages worth. again thank you.

I did a write-up for adding Samba to an OctoPrint installation. It's based upon sharing a USB thumbdrive as inserted into the Raspberry but it could be modified to just share the ~/.octoprint/uploads folder itself. It seems to be specific to a Robo 3D printer but it's really just OctoPrint.

These days, though, I just use scp which is built into both the Raspberry and the MacBook I'm on.

From my laptop:

mkdir ~/timelapses && cd ~/timelapses
scp pi@octopi.local:~/.octoprint/timelapse/*.mpg .
ls -l
total 43976
-rw-r--r--  1 og  staff    495616 Jul 27 08:37 FanClipPlate_20180503102406.mpg
-rw-r--r--  1 og  staff  21891072 Jul 27 08:37 RC_SpoolGuideThree_GE_20180501113430.mpg