Enclosure Temperature in the Temp Graph Tab

I have installed a temperature sensor in my new enclosure and i thought that it would be nice if that temperature would also be shown in the temperature graph tab. Is there already a plugin that does that or is it even possible?

This can do it:

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I am already using this plugin. But i can't find an option to show the temperature in the temperature graph tab

I wouldn't do that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh, I read it wrong. I thought the navbar.

No, for the temperature grph ther is no plugin... sorry.

Of course i meant plugin :rofl:

1 Like

Okay thank you. But in theory it would be possible to do something like that, right?

There have been requests...

But as far as I know, it's till not possible.

It is possible using hooks inside OctoPrint, but the temperature graph nor the enclosure plugin currently support it. There is a solution in the works by @jneilliii, to enable adding extra info to the temperature graph but it is not on the repository yet, and still has a few issues to work out.

Yeah, there's actually an EnclosurePlugin fork that someone was working on that supports it with my plugin, which is when we found this new issue I'm trying to work out. Will probably be working on that this weekend. Here's the relevant information.

1 Like

Awesome! Good luck solving the issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I think I got my side of the plugin fixed for the issue, but haven't heard back yet from Dak0r yet to know if it works or not. Additional details in the issue linked earlier.

1 Like

My octoprint reports the enclosure temperature on the graph. AFAIK I didn't do anything to octoprint to enable it.
What I did do was connect the thermistor to a spare GPIO on the controller and enable it in Marlin (and re-flash). This means that M105 reports three temps (T:10.49 /0.00 B:10.31 /0.00 C:11.43 /0.00), and octoprint displays them on the chart.

If the enclosure is connected to the printer's firmware, then yes it does work. There is also the Enclosure plugin which allows you to connect all these bits to the Pi, this isn't available on the standard temp graph.

Thanks for your efforts. It is working for me. Love your plugin!

Thanks, I appreciate it. When you say it works for you, do you mean the combination of my plugin and the forked enclosure plugin are actually graphing the temps provided by your sensor?

Yes, exactly.

That's awesome, thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Hi
For this to work I should install the forked plugin in addition to the original one, or replace the original one by the forked one ?

Any chance the forked modification will be push to the original branch soon ?

thanks for the awesome work !

I can't say anything relative to the forked version versus a merge upstream, but you should be able to install the forked version right on top of the existing one. It does look like it's a couple of commits behind from the original. Just copy/paste this URL into plugin manager > get more > ...from URL and click Install.

https://github.com/Dak0r/OctoPrint-Enclosure-with-Custom-Graphs/archive/master.zip

If you end up getting an update notice later than that is from the original plugin and not the fork...