Ender 3 pro Firmware Complaint

What is the problem?

I want to scream at Creality as @foosel requested in his post.
OctoPrint doesn't show a temperature graph for my Creality printer
I received my Ender 3 Pro yesterday and expected to use OctoPrint with it.
It wasn't until I connected the Rpi to the printer that I realized the firmware has a problem.

What did you already try to solve it?

I know what happens if you find and use a work around so I prefer to just scream and hold Creality accountable for the problem rather than use the work around.

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

The reason for posting this is I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about before I complain.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

I don't have any logs because this isn't a problem with octoprint.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
Here is my Printer Info showing the manufacture date and firmware version.

Can anyone give me some talking points to complain to Creality with?

Hello @rmhoutz!

You might have alook on this thread:

And onto this plugin:

The plugin mentioned here ^ will definitely do the job :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rmhoutz, If you wish to complain to Creality about their firmware, then I believe you can search this forum for all the documentation of the problem you will need.

In the meantime, you can use your printer with OctoPrint by using the plugin listed here.

1 Like

Just cite broken temperature responses and point them to the FAQ entry.

I have the temperature fix installed but still have to put up with the annoying complaint on the main UI screen. How do I get rid of it? I'm not going to install updated firmware until I see what problems others have with it.

1 Like

That's weird, it should not complain anymore once the plugin is installed. Will have to investigate.

Could be that the current stable version of the plugin is still a bit too picky with regards to the expected broken format. I've just pushed a patch to @AlbertMN that should take care of that. Configuring the virtual printer to spit out the broken temperature report makes the warning about that go away once the plugin with that patch is installed.