Ender 3 SKR Mini v2: Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected

What is the problem?

I am upgrading my Ender 3 stock board to the new SKR mini v2. Wen I first hooked it up, it seemed to fry the screen (saw smoke) and no longer lit up.
I got a second one, and rehooked everything up (sans display) and now get the following error:

Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected." to "Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Thanks and I really appreciate the help. Let me know if you have any ideas. Cheers.

What did you already try to solve it?

These are the following steps I followed more or less:

1. Loaded up the firmware for the skr mini v2 from here:
    https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-mini-E3/tree/master/firmware/V2.0
  • made sure it was called firmware.bin (tried both no bltouch and bltouch)
  1. Plugged in card to printer / turned on and waiting 10 minutes (since my screen doesn't work)

2. Turned on print and tried to connect. Got the error posted above.

3. Tried 3 different cables, one of which is known to work before, and they all give the same results.

4. Restarted multiple times, etc. no dice.

Have you tried running in safe mode and if so did it solve the issue?

Yes, and no it did not solve the issue.

Complete Logs

terminal output: https://pastebin.com/D854Hhvs
serial.log (14.1 KB) octoprint.log (255.0 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I have the following setup:
Rasberry PI 3b 4g
Octoprint v0.17
Ender 3 w/ SKR mini v2
Connecting from MacOS / chrome/safari.

Has there been any progress here? I installed the same board today - it booted and works fine - I can set temps and move axis, but octoprint gives me the same error. What did you do?

The OP seemed to be about not getting any connection at all to the printer, if you get the message

Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected." to "Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Then there's no chance you are able to control the temperatures or axis of the printer. Seems like you must have a different issue. Unless you mean controlling the axis & temperatures from the printer display.

Yeah, I meant from the printer display - was mentioning as Proof-of-Life for the board :smiley:

It was my cable. I had plugged in the same cable I'd been using with the stock Ender 3 Pro board, and assumed it would work with the new board. But I guess not. I changed cables and it started working right away. I'm all good!

1 Like