Ender 3 v2 won't boot, stuck on 'Creality' splash screen

TLDR: Flashing problem has my unit (Ender 3 v2) stuck at the 'Creality' splash screen when powering on. Is there a way to reset this to factory or am I hosed?

So I've gotten myself in a bit of a jam and I'm hoping for some noobie help. I asked my friend what the best community was for asking for support and he said this one, so I hope you'll forgive this question even though it's more about the Ender 3 v2 than it is about Octoprint.

I'm brand new to 3d printing. A coworker was talking about it and I got an Ender 3 v2 as that's the model he had and he liked it. I also got the CR-Touch Auto Levelling kit.

I've put the whole thing together, including the levelling kit and the next step was to update the firmware and that's when I ran into trouble.

I put Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi 4 and it looks quite impressive. It was able to connect to the printer from it and I had planned on using the firmware updater to update the firmware on the printer, but to be honest it looked very confusing. There were 8 different methods and I had to choose one but I didn't understand the choices (like I said, I'm a noob!) It seemed much easier to just flash it from the SD card.

I put the firmware I downloaded on the SD card and renamed it to firmware.bin. Unfortunately I must have downloaded the wrong one because it took my printer from v1.0.8 to v1.0.6B. After that it wouldn't flash any firmware I put on the card.

I asked my coworker if he still had the file he flashed, as my machine was identical to his. He provided it and it started flashing, but it stayed on the Creality splash screen for a half an hour. I know you're not supposed to power off something that's flashing but this was obviously hung.

I've tried putting the other firmwares back on the card and reflashing but it just stays on the Creality splashscreen. Octoprint will no longer connect to it (although funny enough, the screen stays on even after I power the unit off if it's still connected to the raspberry pi).

Am I hosed or is there a way out of this madness? I appreciate any help you guys can provide!

This is an issue for a Creality support board.

This is not an OctoPrint issue.

Yeah, I thought so too but all I could find was a support email with a 2-business day return (which I did email). Was hoping for a quicker answer, I appreciate your time though!

You may try the Creality Discord support forum:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.