Ender 5 dont show Tune menu when printing via Octoprint

What is the problem?

After upgrading my mainboard (Ender 5 non pro) to 2.4.7, I have a weird problem. I can still print both via Octoprint and via SD card, but when printing via Octoprint, its like the printer doesnt know it is printing. I cant adjust printing on the printers LCD display, cant stop the print or babystep Z axis (Tune menu doesnt show up). It prints fine, but I miss the Tune menu. When printing form SD card there is no problem.
Problem was not present before upgrading form 8 bit board.
I cant go back, as the old board fried a stepperdriver.

What did you already try to solve it?

Updated firmware (Creality latest) and octopi (rc 5 atm)

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20230516195800.zip (132.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint Version 1.9.0rc5, Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W Rev 1.0, Ender 5, Creality Marlin 1.0.1, browser: Chrome, Windows11

please enable the serial.log and print something small so we can see what's going on

I guess it's probably non standard responses by the creality firmware

Thanks for helping out. I hope you can find out something :slight_smile:
Im going on a small vacation the next 4 days, so Ill be offline undtil then

serial (1).log (546.3 KB)

Hey :slight_smile:

Sorry I only skimmed your post yesterday and didn't realize the printer is using an LCD.
There isn't much we can do from the OctoPrint side. It's the printers firmware that doesn't "tell" the screen it's printing.

I can't tell you if a custom firmware would help with this issue, but if I were you I would ask the guys in the Marlin discord. (Marlin is your printers firmware)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.