Ender 5 Pro stopped responding error

What is the problem?
OctoPrint stopped responding near the end of 6+ hour print. current job blank, no errors, warning or popups. Machine just froze on top of print.

What did you already try to solve it?
PI print queue was erased, the job was missing, no way to restart where it stopped. Shutdown and unplugged PI 4b and restarted print from SD card. Then swapped to my PI 3B+ while waiting on print to finish.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

OctoPrint Version 1.3.12
OctoPi Version 0.17.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2, heatsinks and fan on high 100%

PI is on table beside printer, 50cm USB cable ran along the outside of the frame away from PSU.
fresh install of octoprint and ran update all 2 days ago.
Ender 5 Pro (stock)
Firefox 72.0.1 (64 Bit)
Windows 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.535

Running off ethernet because I can't get the wifi to stay connected 15 feet from router, with clear line of sight. I saw that others are having the same problem. Everything is brand new little over a week old. I have been running off OCTOPI for the last 4 days.

future upgrades planned soon
adding BLTouch, EZout sensor, touch screen to PI and flashing firmware to latest version. Best source for firmware to be compatible with OctoPrint

I'd start with the serial cable and the Pi's power:

• serial cable with internal metallic shielding or ferrite bead and both ends fit snugly
  • 5V @ 3A power adapter (not a charger) and the plug fits snugly and no undervoltage condition
  • you have solid AC power at the wall socket, bonus points for plugging all this into a UPS

Note that the 4B also supports 5Ghz wifi which may or may not have something to do with your connectivity issues. Look for anything metallic in this zone (old-school radiator, anything like a chain-link fence) which might be acting like a Faraday cage.

I am running Vilros Raspberry PI kit that includes an approved USB-C 5V 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch.

As for the wifi I am leaning towards the case being the problem aluminum but I will be swapping to a 3d print case with 80 mm fan to keep it cooler. But the wifi isn't even configured because it loses signal so much, I was plugged directly into the router for a constant connection.

The USB cable isn't near the power supply or other electronic sources so I don't see how that could be an issue.

Is there a way to send the print to the printer's SD card and so Octoprint can just monitor the progress? I haven't been able to get Octoprint to even see the card in the printer's SD slot. Using Octoprint has nearly doubled the print times from using the SD card.

As for the firmware upgrade, should I get it from Creality, Marlin, TH3D?

Someone else can advise about firmware that would work for you. I don't really print from SD card from my printer since it doesn't have one.

Yeah, it sounds like if the enclosure is metallic and grounded then yes, that's your Faraday cage. Consider just staying with what you've got. Otherwise, perhaps something like this could put the antenna outside the enclosure.

The RAMPS daughter driver boards put out some ugly-looking EMF noise whenever the steppers are moving.

"Fire in the hole": If you wanted to test the theory and you love the smell of printer fire in the morning, conform a sheet of aluminum foil to the bottom of a round bowl to create a dome and then position this over the printer's control board on top of a sheet of paper to insulate it. Double-check to make sure that you're not shorting out anything. If everything suddenly works and doesn't throw serial errors then your unshielded cable was the only problem.

Happiness is a ferrite bead

Are you talking about putting the ferrite bead on the USB cable or the leads to the motors? They are fairly cheap I can put them everywhere if it would help,

The serial cable is the only one necessary, to be honest.