"[Errno 10049] The requested address is not valid in its context" After Windows Update

What is the problem?

After updating my Windows installation running two Octoprint instances, I get this traceback error and error number when attempting to start the Octoprint servers.

What did you already try to solve it?

Looked at the logs and searched stackoverflow, Then decided the error is above my level of expertise.

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint version: 1.4.2
Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro 32bit version 2004 os build: 19041.508 Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Venv version: 20.0.29
Python version: 2.7.14

Multiple power outages lately gave DHCP configured devices on my network to connect before static IP devices and take IP addresses of statically configured devices. This error message was produced because OctoPrint's configured IP address did not match the IP address of the device. (this is what makes sense to me) Ultimately my fix was to reserve the IP address of my OctoPrint instance as the original IP address configured in OctoPrint's settings. This let Octoprint boot with no problems, Glad it only took me a day to figure this out.

2 Likes