What is the problem?
Hi all, I’ll start with apologizing if the resolution has been posted somewhere already, I've read dozens of them and haven’t been able to find the issue yet with the suggestions that were made. I was able to connect to the pi and octoprint for a few weeks now without issue, serial port and baudrate set to auto. Made some mods a few days ago and haven’t been able to reconnect since, printer still powers and works fine). I can still connect to the pi via WiFi and ssh in with a Mac terminal. I show the /dev/ttyS0 serial port and a list of baudrates, tried all of them to no avail. Log files are below but here where the modifications I did
- Added a 30 mm fan, connect to 5v and ground pin
- Added a NO push power button to scl pin and ground, installed git clone https://github.com/Howchoo/pi-power-button.git./pi-power-button/script/install (after install button worked as designed and slept/woke the pi)
- Added an Led status light to the ground and the txd pin, added enable_uart=1 to config.txt (after install worked as designed)
- Spliced the canakit 5v power supply and installed a switch between it and the pi. (Plugged it in and tested the +- leads from the spliced cable as well as a 5v/ground pin, all read 5v with the multimeter with everything plugged in)
- Cut and re-soldered a micro USB cable and eliminated the power lines (switched to another micro USB when issues started, pi is still powering the Ender 3 LCD when on)
- Installed mesh bed leveler plug in
What did you already try to solve it?
I unplugged all of the mods, rebooted, trie safe mode
Have you tried running in safe mode?
Did running in safe mode solve the problem?
It did not
Additional information about your setup
Ender 3 Pro, Marlin-bugfix-2.0.x
Raspberry Pi 3 B+
OctoPrint version : 1.5.2
OctoPi version : 0.17.0