ERROR - Unexpected error while reading from serial port

What is the problem?

I have a problem at the beginning when connecting to the printer

What did you already try to solve it?

I checked all cables, quality of connection, battery charged to 100%, charger working, removed SD memory card, disable webcam server

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

In Safe Mode works fine

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint.log
2023-10-21 21:55:26,207 - octoprint.util.comm - ERROR - Unexpected error while reading from serial port
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 4081, in _readline
ret = self._serial.readline()
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 6832, in readline
c = self.read(1)
File "/usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/serial/serialposix.py", line 595, in read
raise SerialException(
serial.serialutil.SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)
2023-10-21 21:55:26,221 - octoprint.util.comm - ERROR - Please see OctoPrint randomly loses connection to the printer with a "SerialException" - FAQ - OctoPrint Community Forum for possible reasons of this.
2023-10-21 21:55:26,258 - octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Offline after error"
2023-10-21 21:55:26,286 - octoprint.server - INFO - Autorefresh of serial port list stopped

Serial.log
2023-10-21 22:05:40,990 - Unexpected error while reading serial port, please consult octoprint.log for details: SerialException: 'device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)' @ comm.py:_readline:4081

Additional information about your setup

Octo4a: build 1.2.5
MoBo: SKR E3 v3 mini
Android 9 SGS8+
Body (Screen): Ender3
Firmware: Software from the manufacturer's website klipper-usb.bin

Hello @GregOlszak !

Can we please have complete logs, preferably the systeminfo bundle.

So one of the 3rd party plugins is the culprit.

We may could tell which one if we would have the systeminfo bundle.

Please attach it to your next post.

octoprint-systeminfo-20231022095352.zip (88.1 KB)

Here you go.
I hope your enlightened mind will help solve my problem :smiley:

PS:
I will only add that during the call today there was corrupt information, so I re-uploaded the firmware to SKR's printer.

Just saw that.

This seems to be a Klipper issue.

You may ask here:

BTW:

What is this plugin for?

| comm-fix = /root/.octoprint/plugins/comm-fix.py

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.