Extruder not working when using Octoprint

What is the problem?

My printer is a Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus and I have newly installed octoprint in my new Orange pi Zero 2 following obico instructions and image.
Everything but the manual extrusion works with a preheated nozzle. Starting a print also does not extrude filament. Octolapse is not installed.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have tried disconnecting my Orange pi and try manual extrusion through the stock touch screen and it works fine.

I have change USB cords and changed ports and it still doesn't extrude.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I have run it in safe mode to no avail.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

octoprint-systeminfo-20230522093939.zip (222.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I am using an Orangepi Zero 2 installed using the instructions in this link:

I updated everything before started and downloaded the ff plugins:

Obico for OctoPrint

Creality Temperature (1.2.4)

Creality-2x-temperature-reporting-fix (0.0.4)

Octolapse (was installed recently and doesn't extrude even uninstalled)

Hello @Dpascii !

Why both?

Thy with/without SD card in the printer's SD card slot.

Also try this: Put tape on the 5V pin - Why and how

Creality firmware has quite some flaws.

Also the Obico install has some issues:

2023-05-21 14:06:46,099 - backoff - INFO - Backing off capture_jpeg(...) for 0.8s (requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /?action=snapshot (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xffff72233910>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')))
2023-05-21 14:06:46,953 - backoff - INFO - Backing off capture_jpeg(...) for 0.7s (requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /?action=snapshot (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xffff707979d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')))
2023-05-21 14:06:47,673 - backoff - ERROR - Giving up capture_jpeg(...) after 3 tries (requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /?action=snapshot (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xffff713d60d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused')))
2023-05-21 14:06:47,674 - octoprint.plugins.obico - WARNING - Failed to capture jpeg - HTTPConnectionPool(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: /?action=snapshot (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0xffff713d60d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused'))

90% of the octoprint.log is full of this.

Hello there!

I was just following a guide and it told me to download both.

Can you divert me to a guide to install octoprint? Sorry as this is my first time I'm not very versed in this subject.

I'll give this a try thanks!

Reddit?

The plugins do both the same.

With issues I mean it has problems to connect to the Obico server. You may check the settings.

Hello @Ewald_Ikemann !

Alright I will remove one.

I've tried both fixes and it still doesn't extrude

I've re-burned the image also in this instance below are the new logs

octoprint-systeminfo-20230522104007.zip (8.9 KB)

Do you have dry run selected on the octoprint screen?

Hello @5ft24

Where can I find this setting?

DryRun is a 3rd party plugin that you, according the logs, have not installed.

I still assume it's an issue with the printer firmware.

You may try using pronterface to print a file.

Is this as an alternative to octoprint?

No. It's a quite old tool but nice to check connectivity and other things.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.