"Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually" error while connecting to my MP Select Mini V2

What is the problem?
I can not connect my Pi 3 to my Monoprice MP Mini V2 3D printer.

What did you already try to solve it?
Changing the cable, spamming Connect button, adding ports, removing ports

Terminal
Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Detecting serial port"
Serial port list: []
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial port" to "Error: Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually."
Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually.
Changing monitoring state from "Error: Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually." to "Detecting serial port"
Serial port list: []
Changing monitoring state from "Detecting serial port" to "Error: Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually."
Failed to autodetect serial port, please set it manually.

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)
To: Monoprice MP Select Mini V2
Access Point: Orbi Satellite
Operating System: Debian

I don't own a monoprice printer but I it seems like you need a plugin to get some of them to connect.
The plugins name is Malyan/Monoprice Connection Fix

Fixes connection issues with Malyan/Monoprice printers

Due to some weird issue with some Malyan/Monoprice printers, the initial connection to the printer via the Connect button may fail. Only the second connection succeeds.

This plugin is supposed to fix this by invoking a specific serial port opening sequence that has been found to solve this problem. Note that due to the nature of this sequence this fix can’t work for OctoPrint installations on Windows and is therefore not supported for that OS.

Printer models known to be affected by this and confirmed as issues resolved with this fix:

Turnigy Fabrikator II Mini (Malyan M100)
    Monoprice Select Mini (Malyan M200)
    Monoprice Mini Delta (Malyan ?)

1 Like