Fails to connect

What is the problem? Octoprint will not connect to printer. My deltamaker printer had been working great, then during a print it lost some steps and after a reboot would not reconnect to the printer.

What did you already try to solve it? rebooted into safemood, replaced Pi, updated Firmware, rolled back firmware, replaced SD card, replaced USB cable from Pi to control board, replaced control board, cussed at it tried separate power supply for the PI, cussed at it some more.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)serial.log (746 Bytes) octoprint (1).log (28.2 KB) dmsg.log (18.5 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible) Using a Deltamaker printer. Using dm2-dev-20170525.img. comes with Version 1.3.2 (master branch)

Does it work with your pc and something like pronterface?
https://www.pronterface.com/

honestly don't have a clue. the printer is in the electronics closet..no PC in there. Do you mean instead of the PI and using a USB cord to go from the PC to the control board on the printer?

Yeah or bring it to your pc for a short test. Just want to make sure it still can establish serial connections.

Let me see if I can find a usb mini that is longer that 6 inches...boy thats a blast from the past.

Ok I set up Pronterface and connected the printer directly to the computer. I turned on debugging and hit connect, "Sent: M105" shows over and over.

I just don't understand. It has to be something that I am doing. I have tried different USB cables (3 of them now) two different control boards, three different raspberry pi's, 3 different firmwares, and nothing I do will get this to connect. I see the green flashing light on the control board when the computer is trying to connect so i know something is happening.

how do you flash the firmwares? via sd card?
If it's still in there try it without it. Did you try other baudrates?

out of ideas here

Sorry went on vacation...yes, I tried all the different baudrates. I used etcher to write the firmware.

I mean the printers firmware :slight_smile:

just to be sure - did you mean your printers firmware oder octopi images?

I did update the printers firmware from deltamaker.

How does the printer connect to a PC? Does it show up as a memory device?
Can you connect to your printer to a PC using Pronterface?

shows up as a universal serial converter

And does it connect to Pronterface?

no it still will not connect. I have tried a new board as well and it still will not connect.

So I assume due to information I've got here: https://www.deltamaker.com/collections/3d-printer, it may not be possible to connect this printer to OctoPrint.

It ships with Octoprint though. I have tried all the different firmware versions and they included Octoprint

Have you already got help from their support?
As they bundle it, they also should give support.

yeah. they are at a loss as well. I think I am going to try and find someone local that I can take it.