FIgured out how to reset Octoprint to it's fresh installed default state

Simply go into home directory, unhide items or whatever its called, stop octoprint, delete .octoprint folder, restart octoprint, and its just like a newly installed system.

Not sure if missing a step but I did get rid of all my pluggins first.

Restart OctoPrint in safe mode and it won't load any plugins...

I already removed all pluggins and it still doesn't look like the default, less even, is there really no way to reset it? Not sure what you're will accomplish, could you explain how your way will restore the default?

If you could share a screenshot of your situation, we maybe could see what's the issue.

1 Like

As I saw briefly from your screenshot, your OctoPrint installation seems to be messed up badly.
The only solution would be a new clean setup.

On the other hand, this is a forum of enthusiasts, not a service hotline. Answers can take a while. And sometimes there is no simple answer for a difficult issue.

And also I regret that you already give up.

2 Likes

I figured it out incase another person has this issue

Stop octoprint

delete .octoprint folder in home directory

restart octoprint

It dawned on me that's how to reset Cura so why not give it a go, I wasn't out anything if it didn't work.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you got a solution.
Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks friend, I got carried away, and was almost too embarrassed to come back but I had to share the solution, anyhow, I hope this helps someone in the future.

1 Like

It would be a lot more gentle to stop the sever and simply move users.yaml and config.yaml in the .octoprint directory.

Depends how default you want it to get. There's a lot of other data that can be stored in the other folders, so deleting it goes back to exactly how it came out of the box before you ran it the first time. You are correct, config.yaml and users.yaml would get most of it out of the way, just not quite all.

True. I came across this looking for a way to "sysprep" my install into a default container. I noticed the other dirs like uploads and the printerconfs and thought those might contain data one would want.

1 Like