Filament change on a Elegoo Neptune 2S with Octoprint

Hello Octoprint community. :wave:

For Christmas I finally got a 3D printer. After some research, it's an Elegoo Neptune 2S.

Unfortunately, I could not find anything online so far that explains how I can change the filament while printing with Octorprint. What I have found is this plugin.

My question is: is this the right way? The use of a plugin?
Are there any other things I need to consider?

Thanks to all who are developing octoprint. I am thankful for this tool, with which I can now send print jobs directly from Cura without having to use the SD card. Maybe in the future the display on the printer itself will show current print information :wink:

Thanks for all your help.

OctoPrint v1.7.2, OctoPi v0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1,
Printer Elegy Neptune 2S, FW 2.0.1, Safari 15.1, macOS Monterey 12.0.1
octoprint-systeminfo (107.8 KB)

Hiho :octopus:

Yes, that plugin is one option.
Another option would be to do it via the printers screen, but the firmware on your printer needs to have host action commands enabled in order to show you interactive buttons.

The plugin supports two modes:
"Mode 1" sends all needed commands to your printer on at a time (like park the head, unload the filament etc). It works on every printer - even if "Mode 2" is not available.

"Mode 2" sends the change filament gcode (M600 - works only if it was enabled in your firmware) to your printer which does pretty much the same as the display filament change option.
Internally it does the same as Mode 1, but all the settings from the plugin are already stored in the firmware and the printer does everything on it's own.

Hey PrinterWeezl,
thanks for your answer.

Because I am an absolute beginner, I need help to find out how to check my firmware. I donโ€™t get it with the documentation on GitHub. I donโ€™t see an option to check, if host action commands are possible.

What I know is, that some buttons on my printers display work (like get to the about screen), some not.

OctoPrint v1.7.2, OctoPi v0.18.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1,
Printer Elegoo Neptune 2S, FW 2.0.1, Safari 15.1, macOS Monterey 12.0.1
octoprint-systeminfo (107.8 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.