File display not showing contents

Latest distro of octoprint on a Raspberry PI 4B with the Genuine power supply. Only addon is the Power supply controller and enclosure plugin's.

The Stores files either locally or on the Sdcard does not always show. Refresh the page and the files disappear if they where visible and stay not visible if started off that way.

This issue started with my PI 3B when It installed the newest distro on it. No matter what I did I could not fix it. so I replaced it with the PI 4B and a new SB card, and the problem persists.

Wifi connection only. The PI reports no heating of voltage issues, and behaves fine otherwise. It only the file management that playing up..

2 builds on 2 different PI's with 2 different SDcards and the same thing happens

Any Ideas on whats happening?

James

Sadly you deleted the template that was shown up when you started this thread.
So some important informations a missing.

1 Like

We had issues with filenames before.
Do you use any special characters or chinese language or something similar?

Plain English only, No special Characters at all.

Well then we need the logs @Ewald_Ikemann asked for.

octoprint.log (927.2 KB) serial.log (296 Bytes)
Sorry about that. The current Octoprint log is too big to upload the one attached is fro the 1st off December.

James

You may activate the serial.log:

2019-12-08 05:44:29,207 - serial.log is currently not enabled, you can enable it via Settings > Serial Connection > Log communication to serial.log
2019-12-08 07:57:12,974 - serial.log is currently not enabled, you can enable it via Settings > Serial Connection > Log communication to serial.log

Then you can try safemode.
Are you working on a plugin? I found the SImpleApiPlugin that causes errors when called.

1 Like

and what browser are you using as well. Does a CTRL-F5 bring it back?

hmm..from the log I could see a json-creation error.
The programm wants to create the json data response for the ui-filemanager.

return jsonify(files=files, free=usage.free, total=usage.total)
--> ValueError: Out of range float values are not JSON compliant: inf

do you have filenames with special "json" characters in it, like [] or quotation mark in your upload folder? Connect via ssh to your raspi and check the upload-folder (folder-dir could be found in the settings sections)

Please try to change the upload folder via the settings ui and then reupload a new gcode file, maybe that helps.

What's wrong with naming my file [].gcode?

:laugh:

(What? It's a cube.)

All fixed upgraded to the very latest 64bit distro and all is now displayed.