"File to large" when trying to open with Notepad++

What is the problem? When trying to open in notepad ++ either Octo 17 or 18 to fix the wifi settings, I get the error "File to Large to Open".

What did you already try to solve it? Nothing. If I knew how to fix it, I wouldn't be here

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...) Ender 3, trying to connect to home wifi system

1 Like

Hello @tekrsq!

What file exactly do you want to open?

You have to burn the image to a microsd card first, then open the octoprint-wpa-supplicant.txt file to edit it. You can't open the entire image file.

Take a deep breath, I can tell you are frustrated. There are some great tutorials on how to get octoprint up and running. You can start with the instructions right on the download page:

3 Likes

THANK YOU, SIR !!!!!!!! That was exactly what I needed. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I play with this thing. Thanks again !!!!!! BW: You were right...I was VERY frustrated, lol.

1 Like

You wanna know how I knew that? You sounded just like I did. Like at any moment you're about to throw the darn thing out the window. :grin:

1 Like