Firmware Update from 1.5.3 to Current 1.7.2 Fails

Update from 1.5.3 to 1.7.2 keeps failing. I've attached my logs here that it suggests to look at. Any ideas? It seems everytime I try to update I face one failure or another. That's why I usually only update maybe once a year. Perhaps that's the issue. Haha!

octoprint.log (7.4 KB)

Can you add the plugin_softwareupdate_console.log file as well? It will contain a more definitive answer as to why the update failed.

Sure thing. I didn't upload it initially because the date was older than the other log. Another piece of info is, I'm attempting to update just via the notification window that pops up in OctoPrint. Press the update button, a small window pops up and starts doing its thing. Then fails shortly after. Thanks!

plugin_pluginmanager_console.log (41.3 KB)

Any help on this would be appreciated. I just cleared all logs from the OctoPrint instance. Then re-ran the update via the prompt. Of course it failed. But that means we have a fresh set of logs attached below. Thanks in advance for any advice!
octoprint.log (13.8 KB)
plugin_softwareupdate_console.log (6.2 KB)

That should fix your issue :slight_smile:

Much thanks! That solved it! I had noticed the PrintTimeGenius in the log before and uninstalled the plugin thinking that should solve it. Didn't know it had left behind more items for cleanup. Thanks again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.