First time using OctoPrint and getting communication error

What is the problem?

New to me Prusa with Octoprint, I set it up a few days ago and can't figure out how to connect to printer. I can see my cam using my browser working but when I try to connect it times out after 5 tries. Please help, I have never used Octoprint so this is all new to me, I followed directions of about 3 youtube vides and looked all over this forum and most of which is going over my head.

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog... no bundle, no support, unless the reason you couldn't retrieve the bundle is your network issues

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 115200
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
Connected to: Serial<id=0xa9fe6fe8, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Send: N0 M110 N0125
Recv: start
Send: N0 M110 N0
There was a timeout while trying to connect to the printer
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Offline"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

Additional information about your setup

Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

How is the Pi connected to your printer?

It is connected using the USB chord. I can see it trying to connect, the printer screen resets every time I try to connect it.

I actually decided to connect it to my other Prusa that does not have Octoprint and it connected to that one with no issues.

Make sure that the rpi port is disabled in the printers settings

Change it to off if it's enabled

That did it. I really appreciate it! You have no idea how much time I spent on this ha.

1 Like

Glad it's working :slight_smile:
Happy printing :tentacle: