Flow Rate Questions

I have a question about flow rate in octoprint. I know that it cannot be reported back when you change it in the interface but that leaves me confused as to how it handles subsequent changes. If I make a change to flow rate and then make another change to it is it changing the absolute flow rate modification or is it adding those flow rates together. For instance if I were to change the flow rate to 50% and then change it to 75% is the final flow rate 75% or 75% of 50%?

Also does that flow rate change persist for another print. I'm not asking if I turn it off and turn it back on I'm asking if I start another print leaving octoprint up and running will it keep that modified flow rate for the next print?

I looked in the documentation and found nothing addressing these two questions. I think they're pretty important does it really will alter how I handle adjusting flow rate. I know that the best thing to do is adjust flow rate in the slicer but I like to adjust flow rate on the fly while I'm doing tuning and sometimes I need to do fine adjusting to account for different colors / diameter differences in filament.

Thanks!

It's always the value you enter - they're not added up.
You should also be able to see the current flow rate on your printers display. It's on the same menu where you can change the temperature (just scroll down).

That depends on the start gcode in your slicer. That's how mine looks

M220 S100 ;Reset Feedrate
M221 S100 ;Reset Flowrate

G28 ;Home
M420 S1 ;load grid

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up
G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

As you can see it sets the flow rate back to 100%.
If you don't want that either remove that line from your start gcode or edit the gcode file and remove it there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.