Fontawesome-webfont.woff sometimes takes a long time to load

When loading the web interface after an extended period of disuse (e.g. a day or more since the last time it was loaded), my web browser (Firefox for Linux) seems to have difficulty loading /static/vendor/font-awesome-3.2.1/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.woff. It feels like the web server on my RPi 3B+ just takes a lot longer to load that particular URL.

The end result is that some plugins that use those fonts stall. In particular, OctoPrint-TPLinkSmartplug (see [BUG]: Lightbulb icon takes a long time to load 路 Issue #197 路 jneilliii/OctoPrint-TPLinkSmartplug 路 GitHub).

I understand that this probably isn't an OctoPrint bug per se. I assume the web server configuration is part of OctoPi, it could be a limitation of my RPi, or it could even be a browser configuration.

See also Loading Failed: Web interface doesn't load on 1.4.0 路 Issue #3502 路 OctoPrint/OctoPrint 路 GitHub

OctoPrint 1.8.1
Python 3.7.3
OctoPi 0.18.0
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Have you checked in the devtools to get numbers on the speed of loading it rather than it 'feeling' slower? If you open the browser's devtools there is a section called 'Network' that should show you the timings for all the requests.

A test in safe mode would also be recommended to make sure a plugin is not interfering.

I'm afraid I don't see the link between this and your question?

That issue thread just has some 404 errors for woff files. I suspect that was what was being searched for in the issue tracker. Definitely seems unrelated.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.