Frequent errors - problems moving printhead over full range

What is the problem?

Two problems I think are related: Octoprint can't move my printhead over the full range and I get this frequently:
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 4.42.15 PM

What did you already try to solve it?

I have no clue how to solve it. Can't find much on this error code.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

This involves a plugin.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20220522143008.zip (42.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I'm using AutoBim to tram my bed. I'm using an Ender 3 Pro, which has a print area of 220x220x250 (X, Y,Z, all in mm). AutoBim has the ability for me to move the head to a pair of absolute coordinates to test the bed level there. In spite of having 220mm in the XY plane, I can't move my printhead past 173 in either X or Y planes. Also, even at other times, when I'm using the printer firmware to print a test pattern, or to tram or auto-level, I keep getting the error given above.

It looks, to this rank amateur, like the two issues may be connected, since one is not being able to move over the entire range allowed by the printer and the other is an error indicating moving too far in a direction.

I searched and didn't find anything useful on the error. (At least not anything I understood.) So are the error and the other issue related? Why does it seem like Octoprint is having trouble dealing with the full range of this printer? And how can I fix this?

(I have checked my printer profile and it does specify the correct build space size.)

What probing device do you use and what is it's position referring the hotend nozzle?

CR Touch. By position, what do you mean? It's on the left when looking at it from the front.

So you think it's more related to the probing than print head positioning?

Actually I meant the relative position.

When it is on the left side, there should be no restrictions to the movement to the right, only to the left.

So you also get that error when you type into the terminal:

G28
G1 X180 F4000

Or does it only occur when using AutoBim?

There is a similar discussion running on github:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.