From-the-top configuration of PiCam V3

Camera model

Raspberry Pi Camera Module 3

What is the problem?

I am new here. I searched the site for configuration help for PiCam V3, and most of what I've found is expert-to-expert, there's a certain level of understanding expected (such as "add this to your libcamera configuration..."), and most of it is not intuitive to me.

Hoping that with the Version 1.9.3, OctoPi "Build 2023.10.09.151442 with "webcamd", based on OctoPi 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5" that I got from Raspberry Pi Imager, I can use my PiCam Module 3 effectively.

What did you already try to solve it?

I've modified my /boot/octopi.txt file, uncommenting two lines that start with camera_http. The forums suggest changing libcamera settings but I read somewhere that libcamera is not used in the latest version (the one that supports PiCam module 3)... and I've found a lot of confusion around this topic. So I'm looking for a roadmap. At any rate, I wouldn't know what "add this to your libcamera configuration" (for example) means. Need a layman's explanation.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Not at this point

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

I'm not to the point that safe mode would solve anything.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20231206150027.zip (23.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Isn't this in the bundle?

Octoprint Version 1.9.3
OctoPi Build 2023.10.09.151442 with "webcamd", based on OctoPi 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.5
Chrome browser latest on MacStudio M1 Max running MacOS 14.0
Chrome browser latest on iPad Pro M1 iPadOS 17.1.2

For the Pi Can V3, you need the "new camera stack" image. It doesn't work with the old one.

It should work out of the box with the new camera stack.

Thanks, Charlie Powell. Hmmm... I thought that's what I did. Now I see the build number is not right. Ugh, I installed this on an SSD. :frowning:

Thanks for your quick response; I'll start all over.