G Code Modification

Hi, I'm looking to modify the G-code in real-time while printing using OctoPrint on my Intampsys 3D printer. Is this possible?

I've heard theoretically it's possible with gcode editor plugin, but have never tried it personally.

Could you specify what you mean by editing in real-time?
Do you mean just editing the file or autoreplace certain things or maybe something else?

1 Like

What I want to do is set up a camera in the printer. The camera will detect any layer shifts during printing, and I want to modify the code to compensate for the error. If the camera detects any major issues, the user will be notified, and the printing will begin again from the start. How is this possible?

can you please share the names of the plugins?

Honestly, this tastes a bit like compensating hardware issues with software.
If you are suffering from regular layer shifts, you may check/optimize your hardware.

And also, I don't think a camera is able to detect a shift of a few 10th of a mm.
Or was this just an overhang?...

I'm not quite sure how that is supposed to work?
Somebody has to remove the failed print from the printer

Yeah, I don't think this is going to fix that issue, better to fix the underlying problem. But to answer the question, it's this plugin.

1 Like

oops forgot that link in my reply

ty

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.