GCode-Script: Wait for user interaction

Hello all,
I'm looking for ideas / impulses concerning my resume script :slight_smile: A hint on how to debug those would be awesome already!

Context:
I finally got around to installing a runout sensor and it triggers just fine via host commands.
Now I'd like to have the following resume-behavior:

• Heat back to the pause target temperature
  • Wait for user interaction / confirmation.
  • Continue printing

The reason for this is quite simple: I want to be able to load filament manually and extrude a tiny bit to remove the E - guesswork after heating up.

My current approach was this:

M104 S{{ pause_temperature[0]['target'] }}
M0 Whenever you're ready...
M83 ; Printing in relative position, this is correct.
G90 ; Absolute position
G1 X{{ pause_position.x }} Y{{ pause_position.y }} F4500
G1 Z{{ pause_position.z }} F4500

{% if pause_position.f is not none %}
G1 F{{ pause_position.f }}
{% endif %}

but the Temperature command is ignored, just as is the M0. The latter rightfully so as it is on the Blocked Commands list.
So two questions - the main one:

• How do I get around to have the script pause and wait for user interaction on either the printer or octoprint? If that's not feasable than I'd rather wait for Octoprint interaction than at the printer (I want to go back to a headless printer).
  • Anything obviously wrong with the Temp statement? I'm optimistic that I'll figure this one out though, I'm completely stuck on the first question :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.