GCode Scripts Not working with 3rd Party PlugsIns

What is the problem?

Gcode Scrips are not being executed with current configuration.

What did you already try to solve it?

1. Searched Forum for Problem and could not find recent event for this problem.

2. SSH'd into PI to check that scripts were present. Yes they are. Edited and re-saved and current scripts do show up as updated.
    Screenshot 2021-11-15 132003
    Screenshot 2021-11-15 134305

3. Ran in Safe Mode and Scripts are now working correctly.

4. Have not tried to disable individual PlugsIns yet until I posted here to see if review of system information dialog could isolate which plugin to test.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Yes. Running In Safe Mode corrected problem and Scripts run correctly and show up in the Terminal Screen Tab. Cannot determine Which Plugin is causing issue.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20211115132259.zip (124.1 KB)

Uploaded above Current.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.7.2
Python 3.7.3
OctoPi 0.18.0
Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3

Thanks

Carl E. Ondraka

The only way to find out is try and error. And with that huge ammout of plugins you have installed, this can take a while.

Also take in consideration, that some rare plugins do not work well with some other certain rare plugins.

Some plugins also include the functionality of other plugins. E.G. You don't need Cura Thumbnails because it's included in Slicer Thumbnails

Based on the exceptions in the logs:

2021-11-15 17:59:44,738 - octoprint.util.comm - ERROR - Error while processing hook dashboard for phase sending and command G1 Y0.40 E9.0 F1000.0:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 4611, in _process_command_phase
    tags=tags,
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/__init__.py", line 1737, in wrapper
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_dashboard/__init__.py", line 801, in process_gcode
    current_layer_progress = int((self.layer_moves / self.layer_move_array[self.current_layer]) * 100)
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero
2021-11-15 17:59:44,787 - octoprint.util.comm - ERROR - Error while processing hook dashboard for phase sending and command G1 X5.0 E20.0 F1000.0:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/comm.py", line 4611, in _process_command_phase
    tags=tags,
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint/util/__init__.py", line 1737, in wrapper
    return f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_dashboard/__init__.py", line 801, in process_gcode
    current_layer_progress = int((self.layer_moves / self.layer_move_array[self.current_layer]) * 100)
ZeroDivisionError: division by zero

It is the dashboard plugin. This bug was fixed by the author, and updating to 1.19.5 (the latest version as I write this) should fix the issue. There's similar exceptions in the log for the whole beforePrintStarted script, line by line.

EDIT: Double checked, seems you are on the latest version already?

OK some additional information: The Script for Connecting and Disconnecting the Printer from Octoprint is working and running those (2) scripts.

Still testing the Cancel/Finished/Start Scripts I'm stall testing but it appears the start of print is the one failing to run.

OK Dashboard is causing the problem. I have posted report on GitHub to see what's up.
I have current version 1.19.5 and it only happening on Start of Print (Might also be end of Print but have not tested that one yet).

I disabled Dashboard and it started to work again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.