GUI password and username not working

What is the problem?

What is the default username and password for the rasbian gui?

What did you already try to solve it?

Lots of google in and updating

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

There are 2 different user/password pairs that you have to use when installing and starting octoprint. One is the password you use for sshing into the pi, factory default is pi/raspberry. You get prompted to change the password when octopi runs.

The other one is your username and password when running OctoPrint. You're asked to set this when OctoPrint runs the first time (first time setup wizard).

Those two accounts are completly separate, one is a user account on the OS level, the other a user account of an application.If you installed a desktop environment onto your pi (unusual but still possible) ou would log into it as pi/raspberry

I tried that but it says incorrect password

did you actually install a desktop? Or do you mean the OctoPrint web side? Because there it is a different password and account which you were prompted to create on first run

I type in the default user and pass (which I haven’t changed) and it takes me to command line and shows me a small blinking line and then it goes back to the login.

If you installed OctoPi, there is no Raspbian Gui, just the command line level.
The login for the backend (command line level) is

login: pi
password: raspberry

Linux does not echo a keypress when entering the password
Be aware of different language keyboard layouts

1 Like

I mean the non web GUI that you install with something along the lines of “sudo /home/octopi/scripts/install_desktop

I’m talking about the GUI you can install that’s something like sudo /home/octopi/scripts/install_desktop

pi/raspberry unless you changed it.

You can reset it: Forgotten username and password to SSH into Pi - #7 by foosel

I don’t want to ssh I want to get into the gui

it is the same

No it’s not

I’ve alr tried

A assume you have an English keyboard layout?

Yes.

Efuhcehbfhrbfhebfhefbhechhebchechhdnchenc (I had to add that for not enough characters)

Yes it is. Default is user pi, password raspberry. If you've changed that, see above for reset instructions.

What reset instructions?

Those reset instructions that you answered with "I don't want to ssh I want to get into the gui" (which, again, are the same credentials)

I pass that to @Bryce_Brower :wink: