Hate the 1.4.2 Want to go back to older Version

There are no images of OctoPrint. There are images of OctoPi. OctoPi does not have the same release schedule as OctoPrint, but you can run any (recent) version of OctoPrint on the current version of OctoPi. It has been explained above how you can change to a specific version of OctoPrint on your OctoPi installation.

I know that You just misunderstanding what I said.

"Yes, if you set to 90% you will have 90% (Printer setting would be 81%) if my printer was set 90% in slicer. but if I set to 95% then I increase my flow by 5%.and on printer I will increase by 5% too which would be 81%+4.5%=85.5% on printer flow. And if I go to 100% then I will have a 100% same as Printer was set to 90%"

To add to FieldOfView's comment, you can very easily see this problem with a simple question. Try this:

• I'm thinking of a number, can you tell me what 90% of it is?

• You told me to remember 90%, but then someone else changed it. Now what's 50% of that number?

You can easily see what the issue is, I believe. You can only tell the printer what the number is, not what to offset it by. You have to say 'set to 90' 'set to 100' not 'adjust by 90%'

You don't quite get the printer communication problem, at hand here.

The % not showing change in 1.4.2? not in 1.4.1
I'm trying to go to 1.4.? but I don't want to waist my time. I do want the % shown just like it was before....

You see this

Just change the version number to 1.4.0

Sorry, I had my versions wrong.

I can't explain it any better than I already have. You don't have to believe me. If you want to go back to a specific version, those instructions have already been posted by @PrintedWeezl and @Charlie_Powell.

Yeah, the basic understanding of the gcode that is sent to the printer, if you do it from the LCD or from OctoPrint, is the same here if I'm not mistaken. Your logic of what you think it was doing before is just wrong. It has always been that when you set that in OctoPrint it is not a relative change, it's an absolute change. So the math you thought was occurring was never occurring the way you describe it @joseph.bejm.

1 Like

Yes it is. The correct way because by the %

Any way I roll back to 1.4.0

Just so you understand the process better do this. In the terminal window of OctoPrint type the command M220 and click send. What is returned? Now go to your printer and you'll notice the FR will match. In OctoPrint set the FeedRate to 105%, go to printer and look at the FR, it will show 105%. Type M220 it will report the same. Change it on your printer using the knob, type M220 in the terminal window it will report the same.

What you're not getting is that the value is set, period no matter if you do it from your printer or from OctoPrint. It's not an offset as many of us here have tried to explain.

Read the links already provided above, just replacing the version with 1.4.0.

If I were in your position, I would listen to the people all agreeing with each other, who are very knowledgeable about OctoPrint, trying their hardest to explain why you are wrong, and correct your understanding about the topic in question. But so far, all you've done is repeat your same wrong position.

This is all I'm going to say on this topic, have a good day

So far no one said yes I'm using this future and this is how I calculate.
So far I know that I'm right about my calculations and if you think I'm wrong then explain to me what I'm missing...

This will show you your assumption is wrong.

Try reading the replies

1 Like

That's OK. We going in circle. I know what I'm talking but you guys don't listen and don't know the logic what % means and how it works.
Like I said I'm keeping the 1.4.0 and I will not update until they will go back to show % in the OctoPrint.

And on the other hand not even one told me that they using this future and that how they calculate those settings.

But thanks for the wrong answers.

I know what a percentage does.

If I set my feedrate to 90%, it is 90% of the original speed, or slightly slower. If I changed it to 110% it would be faster. 100% is the slicer speed.

The value is not a percentage changing a percentage, that you seem to think it is. It is setting the original percentage to a new number. Also explained above.

There is no 'calculation' involved to get there: above 100% speed is faster, below it is slower. Basic percentages...

The number used has not changed, as FieldOfView mentioned earlier. This is why no one told you how to calculate it on the new update, because a) there is no calculation and b) it hasn't changed.

We are all using latest OctoPrint for the best new features and bug fixes, and even security fixes in some cases.

No problem, we always try our hardest to mislead people.

1 Like

Hi Charlie,

first: sorry for my english, its not my native language.
It dont think its the right way how joseph argues, but he is right.
Its a real mess now and unusable. I never touch my Printers on the Display.
Sometimes i slow them up and down and i need to see the last Value i have entered.
Now i need to write it on a paper or so...
Please can you fix this how it was before?

Thx a lot, nice greetings from Austria. Stay healthy!!

Please read foosels post in another thread:

3 Likes

I suggest you read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect and think about it
You're a pretty good example.

Anyway I think everything has been said so I'm closing this thread now.

4 Likes