Help getting my HQ Raspi Cam working on Octoprint

What is the problem?

Fresh Octoprint image installed on a Pi 3 from the Raspberry Pi installer. New HQ camera module attached. In Octoprint it says the server is offline.

The help page in the Octoprint server says to SSH and run lsusb but I do not see a camera in that list.

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

It then says to check /var/log/webcamd.log but I get "Permission denied" when I try that.

Not sure what I'm missing here...

What did you already try to solve it?

Internet searches for setting up a raspi cam on octoprint which mostly lead to dead or outdated links. From what I have found it appears everything needed is included in the current imager files, such as mjgp streamer and it should detect a camera, especially a raspi cam, automatically.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.107 Safari/537.36 Edg/92.0.902.55
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1200
env.hardware.ram: 915722240
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.18.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 20.3.3
env.python.version: 3.7.3
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
printer.firmware: Marlin 1.1.8 (Github)
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

OctoPrint 1.6.1, OctoPi 0.18.0, Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2, HQ Camera module

First thing to check here is if the Pi is recognising the camera or not.

Try running vcgencmd get_camera and it should tell you.

If both supported & detected pass on that (both = 1) then see if you can find the webcamd.log file. To access it you can't just shout files at the console, you must tell it to open the file. Try printing it to the console, using cat /var/log/webcamd.log.